Oh and I can spend an hour a day on News! You’re Welcome. (preferably less)
1. Write at least 10k words a day (obviously).
2. Only watch up to 2 hours of TV a day (unless the watching happens while writing)
3. Only play video games for 1 hours a day. Counts if this hour is at the same time as watching TV.
4. Otherwise only take breaks to sleep, do stuff for/at work, and other TCB type stuff (such as driving to writeins, or chatting to others at writeins)
5. No editing. Stop wasting time editing, Erik! STOP IT! REWRITES ARE A TYPE OF EDITING, MOVE ON AND COME BACK TO IT AFTER YOU HIT 50K!
*which will ideally only be 5 days… so Work Week 1 of 1.
I’m very excited to write my story. I’ve written out the basic synopsis/idea to a couple people now, so I have a pretty good idea of the bare bone structure of the thing… My goal is to hit the 50,000 mark by the end of Friday. If I’m done with the story in the many words, sweet. If not, I’ll keep writing until all the meat is there. I’ll use the rest of the month to either start up on Drei early, or do some rewrites and such on my NaNo book. I won’t bother getting around to the formatting and publishing stuff until after I do all that for Drei, though.
My NaNo book is called “Instructions” as I have posted previously.
Wondering what the book will be about? The reader is taken on a post-apocalyptic survival adventure in a harsh wasteland of a world, where danger lurks around every corner, but there’s a light at the end of the tunnel in the form of this very book.
‘You’re alive. Congratulations. Follow these instructions if you want to stay this way.’
I want to start a podcast when I get back home next week. Don’t know what it will be about but i need an entertaining cohort. I meant to type cohost but my phone autocorrected to cohort. Name and topic to be determined but it damned well better be funny and misinformative. If you want to cohort it up, do the ask thing on here or @ my twitter, twitter.com/jkire or look up my email or follow me home and slip nasty letters under my door.
- Mom: (looking out a window) Look at that picture!
- Me: That's not a picture. It's real life.
- Mom: I'm calling your sister, do you want me to tell her you say hello?
- Me: No.
- Mom: I'm going to anyway.
- Me: Well it's not my fault you're a liar.
- Sign Salesmen: Hello, what can I do for you?
- Customer: I'd like to buy a sign.
- SS: Of course! Which one would you like?
- C: Over there, the one that says "not for sale"
- SS: Oh...
- C: What's wrong?
- SS: I'm terribly sorry, but that sign isn't for sale.
- C: What do you mean, this is a sign store!
- SS: Yes, but as you can see it is clearly marked, "not for sale"
- C: But that's what the sign says. You're selling a sign that says "not for sale."
- SS: Except not, because that sign is not for sale.
- C: How is it... Fine, can I buy that "for sale" sign and that "not" sign next to it.
- SS: Of course! May I ask what you'll be using them for?
- C: I have a boat in my driveway people keep asking about buying, so I'm going to put "not for sale" on it so they'll stop bothering me.
- SS: Completely understandable. You know, I could save you some time and attach the signs together for you, no extra charge.
- C: Now you're talking.
- SS: It'll take just a few minutes.
- C: Great. (five minutes pass)
- SS: Alright, the signs have been combined.
- C: Fantastic! How much do I owe?
- SS: It'll be... Er...
- C: What now?
- SS: I can't sell you this sign.
- C: Why the hell not?
- SS: It says right here, "not for sale"
On this tiny airplane this lady with a baby sat next to me and I was all “ugh, fuckin babies.” then the flight attendant rearranged some people so she could have two seats to herself and the baby, and therefore giving me two seats to myself and I was all “fuck yeah babies!”
Get a bunch of big sign-grade letter R’s and put them on top of L’s of pilates studios.
If you get caught, (or even if you don’t) go to the pilatians and go “ARRRRRRR!”
posts some “erikjskinner is now following you” love fest.
is it weird that I didn’t even notice that anything was different? is it normally blue or something?
Tonight, there was a stroller and pair of high heels left behind from the wedding.
I can only imagine this means there is a baby out there somewhere with a barefoot woman who is too drunk to remember her stroller.
What if regions of space distant from our local region are actually just our local region of space but at different times in the past and therefore at different stages of appearance etc.
The expansion of the universe would therefore be due to more past iterations of the space regions being added on.
This could be explained by a sort of “asteroids” (the video game) universe model, where when you reach the edge of the region, you reenter the opposite side of the same region.
For simplicities sake, let’s say this region of space is a sphere 1000 light years in diameter. An event happens at a given point, let’s a massive explosion. The light from this travels across the universe, and comes back from the other side, reaching the origin 1000 years later. “Oh wow, look at that explosion off in the distance 1000 light years away!” Our astronomical record (that’s detailed enough anyway) does not go far back enough to either confirm or deny such a theory. It would be made more and more likely with the larger the area the region consists of.
Everything we see out there in the sky is light from the past. Even if we had instantaneous travel across vast distances, it would change drastically from what we have observed from Earth before leaving.
Of course there are several aspects of astrophysics that would need to be accounted for, but I think this is at least a start to something pretty interesting.
I kind of want to make a Minecraft movie. I should wait until January to write it though… (Drei and Instructions must come first)
I’m writing this from my new laptop and I loooooove it. This is a photo that represents how awesome it is.
About 95% certain that I’m going to start a minecraft tumblr in the next couple days. Screen shots at first until I get a computer that doesn’t suck.
Yesterday I tweeted that I remember how to spell the word ‘mnemonic’ by visualizing the poster/dvd cover for the movie ‘Johnny Mnemonic.’ This is absolutely true. Now you can tap my valuable resource for remembering how to remember the spelling of the elusive word. You’re welcome.
Special note: visualization of this image is also useful for remembering how to spell ‘Dolph Lundgren’ which is 15-18% more tricky to spell than ‘mnemonic.’